Statement from the Victorian Building Authority
23 March 2020
The Victorian Building Authority (VBA) has today received confirmation from the Victorian State Government that the stage one restrictions announced by the Premier do not apply to construction sites and plumbing services. However, the Victorian Chief Health Officer’s social distancing and hygiene directions must be followed in these settings.
- Ensure a distance of 1.5 metres is kept between yourself and others.
- Wash your hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry with paper towel or hand dryer.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Stay at home if you feel sick. If you take medication make sure you have enough.
- Phone your doctor or the hotline – 1800 675 398 – if you need medical attention. They will tell you what to do.
- Continue healthy habits – exercise, drink water, get plenty of sleep.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser with over 60% alcohol.
As Victoria’s regulator of the state’s vital building and plumbing industries, the VBA’s actions are focused on the safety of our community and the wellbeing of our people.
We are focused on business continuity as the COVID-19 situation evolves each day.
The Government’s dedicated business hotline on 13 22 15 is also available for further information on how to keep your sites safe and open.